Everything you need to know on breast lipofilling
Breast augmentation presents the ideal solution for women who suffer from breast atrophy or have naturally small or underdeveloped breasts.
The procedure aims at remodelling the breasts by enhancing their size and altering their shape; either through the insertion of breast implants
or through lipofilling
(also known as fat grafting or fat transfer).
While the former is believed to offer extravagant results, the latter is a more natural alternative as it uses the patient’s own body fat to augment the size of the breasts.
Given the latter, breast lipofilling has gained tremendous fame nowadays to become one of the most requested and performed breast surgeries worldwide.
Advantages of breast lipofilling:
Since breast lipofilling uses fat harvested from natural fat deposits like the abdomen, the buttocks, the hips, etc., risks of rejection or contra-indications to the surgery are minimal. In addition, post-surgical contra-indications pertaining to breast-feeding or pregnancy are nearly inexistent.
With breast lipofilling, post-surgical scars are minor since the cannulas used to suck excess fat and then reinject it into the breasts are very thin. The shape, size and feeling of the breasts also remain natural.
Breast lipofilling: when and for whom?
The indications of breast lipofilling are quite limited (as opposed to implant placement):
Indications of breast augmentation surgery through lipofilling: this surgery is destined for patients who:
• Show no antecedents or risks of breast cancer after negative breast radiological examination.
• Have a sufficient fat stock.
• Do not experience fluctuations of weight ─or make sure not to─ because reinjected fatty cells survive and act according to variations of the body.
• Do not require an extravagant or over-the-top breast volume. Injected fat do not exceed 200-250 cc per intervention, which corresponds to two cups.
• Desire a natural remodelling of the breasts or a correction of minor breast ptosis.
• Request a correction of breast asymmetry by injecting fat into the smaller breast.
• Desire to ameliorate the results of breast reconstruction surgery or after implant placement.
Satisfactory results will be visible two to three months after the surgery: the breasts are bigger, perkier and have a natural-looking appearance. It is however noteworthy that breast augmentation through lipofilling is generally sought out for being a natural and quick alternative to breast implants. People who undergo breast implantation generally look for a radical breast augmentation.