Recovery & post-operative care
• Bruising and swelling are quite expected after surgery, but both will fade away in a few weeks.
• The patient might experience pain or discomfort, but both will be alleviated thanks to antalgics prescribed by the doctor.
• The patient has to wear panties day and night for three weeks or more to ensure optimal contention of the treated areas.
• The surgeon recommends the resumption of slow walking on the day after surgery.
• Sporting activities can be resumed after three weeks.
The results of the surgery
Results of the intervention are visible after three to six months. The patient may enjoy their newly-refined silhouette, which can be further ameliorated with the adoption of a healthier lifestyle.
Alternatives to get rid of saddlebags
Lipotomy is another alternative, which aims at dissolving unwanted greasy clusters without any surgical acts. The intervention is performed under local anaesthesia and it consists in injecting physiologic serum to the treated areas. Under high osmotic pressure, fatty cells become subject to intracellular hyperhydration and explode.
Cell debris are evacuated through the lymphatic system.
Lipotomy can be associated with other non-surgical procedures like laser therapy, radiofrequency, or ultrasound. The results of the latter are similar to those of a regular liposuction, but are less prominent. Lipotomy also requires wearing contention panties for a period of fifteen days. The non-surgical act is also performed by cosmetic doctors (rather than cosmetic surgeons).