Your Genioplasty or Chin surgery in Tunisia
From £1600 All Inclusive
Because your chin reveals your character and enhances the expression of your face, genioplasty (or MENTOPLASTY) will make his grace
Inadequate, fleeing or protruding chin, genioplasty helps permanently remedy to that. Plastic chin surgery or genioplasty, adds a touch of harmony and balance to the face profile correcting chin volumes without affecting dental articulation and cheeks.
Genioplasty prices* Pushback Genioplasty (Chin Surgery) for £1600 all inclusive
* Advancement Genioplasty (Chin Surgery) for £2200 all inclusive
indicationsGenioplasty allows patients to have a more aesthetic chin in harmony with their faces.
The chin surgery corrects two types of defects:
- The receding chin: the person appears to slope backaward with a remote chin.
- The protruding chin: the protruding chin, which has an aspect of a too "advanced" chin.
According to the criteria of aesthetics, there is a perfect vertical line to determine if the chin is well balanced or not. This line is drawn from the forehead to the base of the chin passing through the nose. If the chin is beyond that line, then we talk about a "protruding" chin and if it is before the line then we talk about a "fleeing" chin.
Genioplasty and other proceduresEvery case is different from another, and in order to optimize results and harmonize the appearance of the face, cosmetic chin surgery can be combined with other procedures:
- If will have excess fat in the chin, then liposuction could be performed prior to genioplasty.
- In several cases, rhinoplasty or nose surgery is performed simultaneously with a genioplasty to ensure harmony between the nose and chin. These two procedures combined together are called profiloplasty.
- If the chin is too elusive, then a lipofilling (Fat injection) could be considered.
Before procedureDuring the pre-surgery consultation, the surgeon will discuss with the patient to understand his motivation for this procedure. He will also perform a review of the face’s morphology.
The patient will have to take some precautions before undertaking this procedure and to avoid taking medications that contain aspirin at least 10 days before and stop smoking a month before and few days/weeks after the procedure because tobacco can interfere with wound healing.
The patient will perform a complete check-up and a blood test before procedure.
During procedureGenioplasty is performed under general anaesthesia, but local anaesthesia may be considered. Procedure lasts between 1 hour to 1 hour and a half.
According to the morphology of the patient's face, the surgeon will correct the shape of the chin backwards (chin backing) or by advancing it (chin advancing)
- Chin backing: this procedure can be done by planing the jaw bone or by doing a reversing osteotomy by cutting the bone in excess and reattach the front using platelets and metal screws
- Chin advancing: in this procedure the surgeon can put a chin implant or perform a bone graft. Another technique called chin advancement osteotomy involves cutting the bone of the chin, advance it and fix it with pads and metal screws. The incision leaves a scar hidden discretely in the mouth or under the chin.
The incision is made either under the chin, either in the mouth of the lower gums; in both cases, the incision will leave room after surgery to a very discrete scar.
The surgeon completes the operation by suturing the incision and bandaging.
After procedureGenioplasty is a painless procedure. The patient will continue to move his jaw without pain, but it is recommended to opt for semi-liquid or soft food during the first days of surgery.
The patient will wear a bandage modeling under the chin for five to eight days.
There will be swelling for ten to twenty days and oedemas for seven to fifteen days. After eight days, the patient can resume normal activities.
While the healing process takes place without complications, patient has to maintain a good oral hygiene. That's why the teeth and gums should be cleaned and brushed after every meal. It is recommended using disinfectant mouthwash several times a day. Antibiotics prescribed by the surgeon should be taken for a few days following the operation.
ResultsThe result is shown immediately after procedure. The patient will appreciate the final result of the procedure after three months on average, until the swelling subsides. The result is natural, and the whole face will be more harmonious.
Contact us:Phone: 00 216 22 960 337 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more detailed information about your cosmetic surgery chin and your stay, do not hesitate to contact us by calling us by phone or by filling out the form on our website. Our team will respond to your requests promptly.